1. DRINK UP! So simple but one of the most effective ways to get glowing skin, is to drink water. Do you know that 90% of women have dehydrated skin, which causes premature lines & wrinkles. Glowing healthy skin, starts from within!HOW MUCH TO DRINK PER DAY?!
A good rule to follow, is to drink about half your weight in ounces each day.
Eg: If you weigh 120 pounds (54kgs). You should drink 60 ounces = 1.8 litres/day
Your body & skin will both thank you!
2. PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SUN: This is one of the most important ways to protect our skin. Excess exposure to the harsh UV rays, causes wrinkles, sun spots, premature ageing & increases your chances of skin cancer.
– Always use a day moisturiser with SPF 15+
– Put on a hat!
3. EAT your way to GLOWING skin: Ensure you eat plenty of vegetables (5 serves per day) & fruit (2 serves per day).
– Vitamin A – It is essential for the repair system of the skin cells. It helps prevent acne & gives the skin a radiant glow. Found in: carrots, leafy greens, lettuce & sweet potatoes
– Vitamin C – Your body not only needs Vitamin C to create collagen that produces skin tissue, but also required to heal scars. Found in: peppers, leafy greens, kiwis, citrus, tomatoes, broccoli
– Vitamin E – Is an excellent antioxidant preventing damage to the skin. It helps to revive the skin cells. Found in: Almonds (the best!), raw seeds, kale, spinach, plant oils
– Omega 3 – Fatty acids – They also support the normal healthy skin cell turnover that helps keep acne at bay. Found in: flaxseed oil, salmon (fish oil), soybeans, chia seeds & walnuts
Foods to AVOID for brides – to – be
– processed foods
– high salt intake
– high sugar intake
4. INVEST IN A FACE MASK:
WHY? Main benefits: clarity of skin, cleanse, minimise pores, hydrates, exfoliates, improves tone.
WHICH ONE? Not sure which one is the BEST one for you?! Just contact us!
5. MOISTURISE: Over the Summer months, we have more moisture already on our skin from the temperature increase and increased sweating. Hence, our Summer moisturisers should be lighter & softer textures, so it doesn’t leave your skin greasy. If outdoors, find a moisturiser with SPF 15+ to avoid unnecessary sunburn.
Want more advice?! Just contact us!
Luv The Glowing Brides X